Developed by Japanese company Hit-Point, Tabikaeru was included as a free download in the Apple store on Dec 6 and became an internet hit after being introduced to China in early January. The game is available for iOS and Android systems, but the Apple store only offers a Japanese version while Android has Chinese and Japanese.
Tabikaeru is mostly a game about waiting on animals. You play house-sitter and friend to a little frog that likes to go on trips around Japan. You’ll pack his backpack with a bento box lunch, a lucky charm, and some travel gear, then send him off. While he’s gone, you can harvest clovers in his garden (which you can trade for more travel gear and food) and greet guests that come to visit. The items you send with him determine where he goes, what pictures he sends back for your album, and what souvenirs he brings with him. There’s a gallery of collectible souvenirs to fill, as well as food presents you can offer to guests who show up at the house.
Travel Frog will be gone for a long, long time for a mobile game, though. Sometimes, he’ll be gone for six or seven hours at a time, so just be patient. He’ll always come back. If for some reason you think he left without food in his backpack, then you’ll need to lure him back by placing food on his desk.
Many people have praised the game for its slow pace, saying it taps the trend among younger generations in China to search out "Zenlike" activities.
"Everything is unexpected in life, just like the game. Whenever I launch the game, I don't know whether the frog is at home, reading, eating or writing letters," Yuan Linghuan, a postgraduate student at Tongji University in Shanghai, said.
The 25-year-old said the design of the game is cute, while it requires no skills in fighting, which is good for female players.
"It's not a game that you will get obsessed with, as there is no ranking list among players," Yuan added. "All you have to do is to open the app to see if your frog is at home or on its journey, and it's not necessary to spend a lot of money buying gear to equip the frog for his travels, which differs from other role-playing games."
"I feel like I'm the mother of the frog in the game. It's really interesting for a single girl like me, and raising the frog is a way of relieving stress," she said.
1) Though it is a waiting game as Neko Atsume, what you do is the preps for his trips/packing, with food, travel gears and good luck charms.
2) The currency is clovers which grow in his yard.
3) He travels to many famous vacation sites in Japan and sends cute pics from there or somewhere on the road in between.
4) He brings back some local specialties, including food items and non-food items, as souvenirs and you try to complete them. However, there is no souvenirs if you get him only cheap food, besides the first trip.
5) There are visitors like a snail, a bee and a turtle at his door. Each time they visit, there is a flyer in the mail box, and you get a lottery ticket if you view it by tapping on it. Make sure you have an internet connection before you tap, and it will ask you if you like to view the advertisement or not. Then you tap "はい" which is yes.
6) Tap on a visitor, the food souvenirs box opens, which you get from the frog, then you choose the food to treat the visitor with. In return, the visitor sends lots of regular clovers or one four leaf clover later.
7) Time to time,菲律宾申博太阳城网址登入不了,菲律宾申博太阳城注册开户 立
, the frog gets the new titles as a traveler, like a care-free wanderer. You can see them by tapping on him, but they are in Japanese. It seems that those titles have some effects on the development of the game.
8) Eventually you start seeing his traveling buddies, a red crab, a mouse & a butterfly, in his photos. They are absolutely adorable!
9) You get lottery tickets from visitors and the frog, usually when he returns. With five of them, you can play it. Go to the shopping page, then tap on the icon on the top right corner to go to the lottery page. Tap まわす to play only if you have five or more tickets. If you get a white ball, that means you lost.
10) You can see the list of goods you can win by tapping 景品一覧. With a yellow ball,太阳城直营网官网 DNF2016春
, you have choice of train tickets with four different directions. With a red ball, you have choice of Konpeito-candies with four different flavors. With a green ball, you have choice of Tamago-boro snacks with five different flavors. With a blue ball, you have choice of good luck charms with five different colors, which are from Shinto shrines, and I assume they are much more powerful than Four leaf clovers. All these can influence his choice of the destinations.
来源：China Daily, Sixthtone, Gamezebo, 21世纪英文报微信